Workshops focus on the role of unions in defending the rights of workers in a market economy. Topics in this category include union organizing, membership mobilization, collective representation , and collective action. Also examined are models of leadership and leadership development, strategic planning, worker education, strategic research and corporate campaigns, the role of unions in shaping social and labor legislation, global alliances and other activities that build effective labor organization. Best practices from the US, China, and other countries are examined in the context of national and local conditions.
Topics in this Series Include:
- Models of Organizing
- Organizing Strategies and Tactics
- Internal Organizing and Sustaining Union Strength
- Negotiations Chart
- Introduction to Strategic Corporate Research
- Conducting Corporate Research: article (Tom Juravich)
- Conducting Strategic Corporate Research: chart, research steps (Tom Juravich)
- Strategic Planning and Organizing SWOT Analysis
- Elaine Bernard - Comparative Industrial Relations and Global Movements
- Dan Katz - The system of labor education in the U.S.
- European Trade Union Institute - Worker Representation in the European Union
- Diane Frey - Labor Relations through a Comparative Institutional Lens
- Works Council Elections in Germany
- Deborah King _1199SEIUHistory